For our client, an international company located in Galway, we are looking for a Senior UX Designer who will act as a crucial link between product design and product development, serving as the design team’s ambassador to developers, and the development team’s ambassador to the designers. The suitable candidate will need the experience and skills to develop and design the next generation of the HPE digital support experience. The suitable candidate will partner with interaction designers, subject matter experts, and software engineers to help define and deliver new features and test new concepts, and assist with final implementation. The UX Designer will be working within and promoting the Company Values –Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect, Effective, Communication, and Empowerment.
- Ability to work throughout the entire product development process.
- UX Research (qualitative & quantitative), Usability Testing.
- UX Design / Prototyping / Wire-framing (Balsamiq / Adobe XD / Sketch/Axure).
- Interface Designer with an expert eye for layout.
- Pixel perfect responsive hand coded UX Developer (HTML5 / CSS3 /Responsive/Frameworks).
- Documentation of user flows
- Advanced Adobe Design Suite knowledge (PS, AI, XD, PR, ID).
- 5 years using Team/Project tools (Jira / Teamwork) and source control tools.
- All UX Development (CSS3 / HTML5)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage Software QA Specialists in the creation of automated test suites
- Works with Product Management to lead cross-functional problem solving to create designs. Translates business requirements and strategy documents into simple, concise, and compelling user experience solutions.
- Creates annotated wireframes to communicate initial ideas to key stakeholders and engineering, and then translates wireframes into high-fidelity visual mockups and interactions.
- Responsible for translating flows and wireframes to depict interaction solutions that are in line with business and technical requirements.
- Works with engineers to implement the design, including testing and visual QA of the builds.
- Provides scalable design solutions to cover platform and growth of product over time.
- Owns User Design projects end to end from concept, to design, to development, and UAT
- Leverages data, usability testing, and focus groups to form a deep understanding of customer behaviors and pain points.
- Brainstorms, planning, and designing A/B tests to improve conversion and member engagement.
- Communicate interaction details of approved prototypes to dev teams
- Engage with engineers on final development outcomes
- Agile and resilient with the ability to take criticism and use it to improve designs and solutions
- Able to multitask and work in a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Well-versed in classic design principles and innovative design trends
- Excellent communication skills (in video conferences, in person, in email, in the documentation)
- Ability to thoroughly understand search functionality and visual display of data
Candidates must have
- Ergonomically suitable home workspace without background noise or distractions.
- Efficient internet connection (minimum of 10MB download and 5MB upload speeds).
- Adequate home workspace to accommodate all IT equipment required.