At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
Our new innovative IT services organization is HPE PointNext Services. We have the expertise to advise, integrate, and accelerate our customers’ outcomes from their digital transformation.
As an L3 Senior Support Engineer (Data) within HPE PointNext Services, you will join an industry-leading organization in the delivery of our Digital Customer Experience to HPE’s global customer base. This is a class-leading cloud-based portal to provide self-solve and self-service capabilities to IT professionals working with our customers.
HPE Pointnext Services R&D employs Scaled Agile Framework (SAFE) as its software development methodology.
The Solution Maintenance, Automation & Reliability Team (SMART) is responsible for the development, enhancement, and maintenance of the Continuous Delivery pipeline (CDP) and support of the overall Support Automation solution. The pipeline includes tools and cloud infrastructure which is designed to rapidly and flexibly deliver our solution to production and into the hands of customers.
Our engineers operate effectively across the Continuous Delivery Pipeline, tools, networks, servers, databases plus the support environment and infrastructure.
• The successful candidate will:
1. Work as part of the HPE PointNext Technology Services R&D (PN TS R&D) Engineering Resolution Team (ER).
2. Troubleshoot and debug large-scale enterprise applications and various other software-based tools for Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s Pointnext Services R&D organization.
3. Partner with lower-level support teams (L1 and L2), internal stakeholders, customers, and PN TS R&D development teams to resolve complex issues.
• This role has a primary focus on areas responsible for maintaining the Availability Performance and reliability of our Production ecosystem.
• The role involves Support Operations type activities but may also include some scripting.
• This role will predominately be focused on our Salesforce Platform but will not be limited to it.
• This role involves managing and maintaining large relational type datasets so large-scale multi-platform database experience is essential.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent knowledge.
- Typically, 4-6 years experience.
- Configure and maintain custom objects, record types, fields, page layouts, formulas, data validation rules, triggers, custom workflows, approval processes, installed packages, etc. within Salesforce.com.
- Maintain user profiles, security settings, access settings, and requirements as requested.
- Establish and implement change control and best practices in relation to system maintenance, configuration, development, testing, data integrity, and quality
- Member of multiple project teams of other support or software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design and development of Production-ready complex products and platforms.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on software systems design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Responsible for direct customer support and troubleshooting infrastructure/application issues with our partner vendors
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
- Request and or help with provisioning of hardware/software Lab-based infrastructure (virtual or physical) to emulate customer environments for deep level diagnostics and analysis of complex issues.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members and L2 engineers.
Essential Technical Skills and Experience
- Proven experience with Linux / Windows Operation systems
- Proven database knowledge (SQL, Oracle, SFDC)
- Skilled at data extraction and feature engineering for both structured and unstructured data
- Good working knowledge of networking securities and protocols
- Proven experience writing complex DB queries with SOQL experience advantageous
Essential Domain Experience / Knowledge
- Experience with Salesforce SOQL and SFDC Data advantageous
- Experience working with Salesforce objects and data models
- Knowledge of Apex is advantageous but not essential
- Proven Experience with both supervised and unsupervised learning
- Knowledge of Agile based development methodologies advantageous
- Proven Experience with Docker technologies and supporting, maintaining, and developing containerized applications advantageous.
- Experience / Knowledge of version control, software provisioning, configuration management, and delivery of applications using deployment tools. i.e. GIT, Jenkins, Maven, and Ansible are advantageous but not essential
- Proven deep-level analytical, and problem-solving skills and the ability for RCA essential.
- Proven Experience debugging complex issues and supporting large-scale production-based application architectures.
- Responsible for Level 3 tickets and bringing them to resolution
- Escalate appropriate issues to IT Partners, Product Vendors, Development Teams, or Management
- Experience in the overall architecture of complex production applications and software systems for products and solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery of English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals, and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Personal Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work remotely and be available for on-call rotations.
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior management, peers, and team members
- Ability to work and deliver in global, cross-functional, and virtual teams
- Demonstrate a strong combination of analytical skills, intellectual curiosity, and reporting acumen
- Consulting experience/customer engagement skills desirable
- Ability to act as a mentor, lead by example and be able to simplify the communication of complex issues.
- Ability to deliver a high standard of customer service, and build strong relationships with customers, partners, and stakeholders.
- Constantly looking to self-improve on a day-to-day basis through experiences, training, and certification
- Adapts a continuous learning style